On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Mogens [iso-8859-1] Jęger wrote:

> Hey list.
> I am running a system with a dual Celleron, so I use the -smp- kernel.
> So far I can only use the 2.2.17...... because the pppd is NOT supported
> by the kernel, when I install the  kernel-smp-2.4.0-5mdk.i586.rpm! why?
> will it be activated in a comming compile?
> So I downloaded the latest 'tar' of the kernel, and everything compiled
> fine, but I cant find the supermount option, so my cry for help is: how
> do I activate/include the supermount option in a "home-compile"?

You need to download the diff and patch the kernel to get supermount to
work. Off hand I don't remember what the web address is but if you go to
freshmeat.net and do a search on supermount you can go to the author's web
page, download the diff, and patch your kernel.

You will probably have to change the diff file because by default it
tries to patch files in a rather obscure directory. If you open up the
diff the first three lines will show you the directories that the patch is
going to look for the files. Do a find and replace and change the path to
whatever your path to the source is. Once its patched you will find the
option to enable supermount.

-Chris