you can use linuxconf, or webmin to set up additional addresses for your
cards.  Or you can go to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts, and copy
ifcfg-eth0 to ifcfg-eth0:0, ifcfg-eth0:1, etc. and edit the files just
created.  change eth0 to eth0:0 inside the file, and change the ip address
and netmask and network info in the file.  Then, if you are logged onto
the console, you can do

 /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart

 or, alternatively

 ifdown eth0
 ifup eth0

 and then do

 ifconfig

 and the new addresses will show up.  Be sure to do this as root, and be
sure to erase any backup files (such as those that end in ~), otherwise
you will see side effects that you don't expect.

bug