On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 06:54:51PM +0800, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
> Check the cpu fan/heat sink for dirt - quite a common cause of reboots,
> particularly with K6 chips in my experiance.  Also make sure the box is
> well ventilated - one of my machines reboots if the room temperature
> goes over 28 degrees centigrade and the second case fan is not on - the
> powersupply fan is not up to the job and the box internals get quite
> hot.
>
> BillK

Thanks a lot, that kind of confirms what I was thinking. I am running a k6-2
and the box is as venilated as I can make it in a cramped Japanese
apartment (in others words, venilation could be better). This was prolly the
case. I was hoping that the general cold of the apartment would help keep
everything cool. (Japan has not discovered insulation yet, so the temp in
the apartment is generally the same as outside).

Live and learn.

--
Chris and Yoshiko Spackman

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  (English)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   (Japanese)

www.openhistory.org

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or
numbered. My life is my own."
-The Prisoner