On Tuesday 23 January 2001 21:49, you wrote:
> Greetings all -- I need help!!
>
> I can't figure out why my networking won't start on boot, but works just
> fine if i use Drakeconf to restart networking. I have Mandrake 7.2 set
> up on a system with an ABIT KT7 motherboard, AMD 800 Mhz T-Bird, 256M,
> ATI video, Linksys LNE100TX eithernet adapter, and USR 33.6k modem (ISA
> on Comm 2 - ports there, system can't find modem? -- that's a problem
> for later)

The linksys LNE100TX adapter has a big "Linux" on the box and a sample
Turbolinux 6.0 Lite inside, but it has horrid problems with detection and
installation.  It uses the tulip driver and cannot apparently be detected or
autoprobed during the install, but can be hand-configured with a tool as
simple as linuxconf afterward.  Once that is done, it should be visible on
boot UNLESS you have PNP enabled in the BIOS.

The detection of an ISA modem on install is tricky and depends partly on the
motherboard BIOS settings.  For best results just put /dev/ttyS1 as your
modem in kppp....

Civileme