I installed KDE 2.1 beta 2 a few days ago. I followed the README included in
the folder
The problem I have no is Knotify bug the heck out of me when I press TAB in
a console
window or when I try to type in an URL in Konqueror. I rpm -e all previous
KDE files,
then installed the new ones. Also sound started the first few times and now
is gone.
When I had sound, it was very distorted.
My system is a PII 450 128M Mandrake 7.2, AWE 64 Value.
For some reason now when I press Sound Server in control center, Kcontrol
crashes so
I edited .kde/share/config/kcmartsrc to state true to start sound server.

Also why does Mandrake seem to not put the listing in for the Matrix SS. For
the last
3 releases, it has been missing and I have had to make a .desktop file for
it.

Brian D. Klar