Hi,

I am still trying to set croatian keyboard layout (I spent last 10 days
reading documentation, talking to people etc. but no luck :(((((

I talked to people who run SuSe and have exactly same configuration as I have:
XFree 4.0.1 and KDE 2xxx , and succesfully use slovenian/croatian keyboard.

As you probably know KDE 2xxx does not have croatian/slovenian keyboard
layout as additional keyboard layout in Kcontrol. So, additional tweaking is
required:

1. in Kcontrol > Personalization > Country & Language to choose Slovenia for
country, language English (US) and charset ISO-8859-2

2. /.kde/share/config/kxkbrc should look like this:
[Layout]
Additional=
AdditionalEncodings=
Encoding=ISO8859-2
Layout=si
Model=pc105
Test=Test
Use=true

3. Keyboard section in XF86Config-4 should look like this:
Section "InputDevice"

    Identifier "Keyboard1"
    Driver      "Keyboard"
    Option "AutoRepeat"  "250 30"
    Option "Protocol"  "Standard"

    Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
    Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
    Option "XkbLayout" "si"

4. and add this line to /.bashrc:

export LANG=sl_Sl.ISO-8859-2

And as the result of this (applied on Mandrake 7.2) I get this:

This is good :)
1. z replaced with y (like in slovenian keyboard)
2. y replaced with z (like in slovenian keyboard)
3. @ is activated by Alt Gr + V (like in slovenian keyboard)
4. chars like * ' + $ " ~ ^  °  ` have another place on keyboard (like in
slovenian keyboard)

This is not good :(
5. those keys where slovenian/croatian specific characters resides are dead !
    (scaron, dstroke, ccaron, cacute and zcaron)

I do not really know what is going on, but now every time I start konsole
(kde terminal emulator) I get message:
- - - - - - - - - --
bash: /etc/inputrc: Permission denied
- - - - - - - -- - - -

I checked permission of inputrc file and permission is fine. And another
strange thing: now I can not start programs with kdesu. I get this output in
konsole:
- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - --
[antialias@localhost antialias]$ kdesu kedit
kdesu (kdelibs): WARNING: [stub.cpp:126] Unknown request: -->bash:
/etc/inputrc: Permission denied<--
Session terminated, killing shell... ...killed.
kdesu (kdelibs): WARNING: [stub.cpp:126] Unknown request: -->bash:
/etc/inputrc: Permission denied<--
[antialias@localhost antialias]$

And another strange thing: in Kcontrol primary keyboard layout is replaced by
Belgian !!!!

Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Best regards,