Nick,

What I"ve started doing since I've experienced this too, is to just grab
the update package directly from one of the FTP servers and then install
it that way. Normally I install the package from the command line and run
the rpm --test on the package to catch any problems there might be before
installation so as to be able to correct those problems and avoid any
weirdness.

--
Mark

"If you don't share your concepts and ideals, they end up being worthless,"
        "Sharing is what makes them powerful."