I originally sent this twice to the kde-devel mailing list and got nowhere
with them, so I'm trying my luck here instead.

Since installing fresh, linux-mandrake 7.2, which of course uses kde2, I
haven't been able to compile any kde program. When doing ./configure,
regardless of the kde2 program, I always get:

checking for kde headers installed... In file included from
/usr/include/kapp.h:45,
                 from conftest.C:4:
/usr/include/kurl.h:24: qvaluelist.h: No such file or directory
configure: error: your system is not able to compile a small KDE application!
Check, if you installed the KDE header files correctly.

So, I exported QTDIR to point to /usr/lib/qt2, because that is the location
of qvaluelist.h. Now, I get the following when I do ./configure:

checking for kde headers installed... conftest.C: In function `int main()':
conftest.C:7: no method `KApplication::kde_htmldir'
conftest.C:8: no method `KApplication::kde_appsdir'
conftest.C:9: no method `KApplication::kde_icondir'
conftest.C:10: no method `KApplication::kde_sounddir'
conftest.C:11: no method `KApplication::kde_datadir'
conftest.C:12: no method `KApplication::kde_localedir'
conftest.C:13: no method `KApplication::kde_cgidir'
conftest.C:14: no method `KApplication::kde_configdir'
conftest.C:15: no method `KApplication::kde_mimedir'
conftest.C:16: no method `KApplication::kde_toolbardir'
conftest.C:17: no method `KApplication::kde_wallpaperdir'
conftest.C:18: no method `KApplication::kde_bindir'
conftest.C:19: no method `KApplication::kde_partsdir'
configure: error: your system is not able to compile a small KDE application!
Check, if you installed the KDE header files correctly.

Does anyone have a remedy for this. It is getting a little monotoneous. I
hate being dependant on the distribution to upgrade or compile my software.

--
"If you don't share your concepts and ideals, they end up being worthless,"
"Sharing is what makes them powerful."

                                 Linus Torvalds