I have an SBLive! card, and had no problem with SuSe and sound in 6.4
and 7.0. I would download the current emu10k driver (not a patch, the
actual driver)from creative, compile, and sound was beautiful. On the
other hand, until Mandrake 7.2, I had tons of problems with Mandrake and
sound - but, it does works fine now with 7.2. So, sound card results
vary from from person to person, even with the same card, and you can't
say that SuSe has no sound.

philomena