I'll try copying that error file tonight (as someone told me). The swap mounts
correctly in graphical mode, I get ALL Green Checkmarks when it boots.  I'll
also search /etc/ for any 'kswapd' text.

  thanks
       Don

that would probably be kswapd - unfortunately I tried 'man kswapd' and came
up empty.

How about posting the exact error message(s) (and some context!)?  Otherwise
we're just shooting in the dark with our eyes closed!  Given that, I'll take
a random shot:

What does your fstab say is your swap partition?  Is it mounting correctly?

rc

Rusty Carruth          Email:     [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice: (480) 345-3621  SnailMail: Schlumberger ATE
FAX:   (480) 345-8793             7855 S. River Parkway, Suite 116
Ham: N7IKQ @ 146.82+,pl 162.2     Tempe, AZ 85284-1825
ICBM: 33 20' 44"N   111 53' 47"W

Don Hinds - photo, motorcycle, misc.

http://www.wyzards.com