I'm new to Mandrake--trying it out after years of Red Hat.   I just
installed Mandrake 7.2 and can't get system-wide PATH
definitions to work. I tried to use "csh.cshrc" as well as "csh.login"
(both of course found in "/etc') but nothing changed the "default"
PATH which comes from who knows where (the /etc/profile.d
directory is new to me).  I did install with the default securitylevels
so maybe that Big Brother PAM is once agin in the way.

Another irritant is the colored rxvt I use for shell (term) windows
when I use vi (vim?).  I've tried every resource file I can find and
nothing seems to change the messed up colors (yellow on white
is extermely difficult to read--especially for older eyes!).

Any suggestions will be gratefully explored.

Thanks.

Tom Browder

P.S.  Anyone else vote to get rid of CUPS?