I have a small network at home consisting of 4 computers.  I'm running
XDM.  On the server I have Mandrake 7.0 installed.  I have various other
Linux installations running on the other boxes.  On a regular basis when I
log into the server via the console attached to the server the X server
crashes and the console keyboard and monitor go into a tizzy.  The only
way out is to kill the X server from another machine or to use the
three-finger-salute on the console.

The X server never crashes while logging in from one of the other
machines.  It only crashes when logging into the Mandrake system from the
attached console.  And again, it seems to happen on a regular basis at
every nth login from the console (around 25 - 30) ... although I haven't
specifically measured it.

I would appreciate any ideas for correcting this situation.

--
Marshall Lake - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://melake.erols.com
http://melake.erols.com/the-beach        http://melake.erols.com/genealogy