Hi all,

In order to use the latest kwintv with use of qt multi-threading I went
to the trouble of upgrading to glibc-2.2.1, qt-2.2.3, xfree-4.0.2,
freetype2 etc...
I compiled qt but  got binary rpms for the rest. My original system was
a Mdk 7.2.

After re-compiling kwintv ok I get this bleeding error at launchtime:

$ kwintv
Xl$ kwintv
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = kwintv path = <unknown>
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".

Does this mean that the xfree-4.0.2 I got from the cooker didn't have
the RENDER extension compiled in? I searched my system and found
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.so.1.0 present.
If this is it how do you load it (tried 'load render' in vain)? An
xdpyinfo right now shows no RENDER extension indeed.

I find the extension loading quite ambiguous cause you have modules,
built-in extension and others.

Can anyone please shed some light on this by checking with xdpyinfo and
the contents of his XF86Config-4 file e.g..
Thanks for any help.

Guy.