This can be done!  You'll need portfw or rinetd to route smtp from your Linux
box to the internal Exchange box.  I'd even suggest you take a look at Astaro
Security Linux (www.astaro.com), which can can incoming and outgoing email!  I
have it setup at a client and it works great.

--
This email was routed through The Twilight Zone.