Nope.  I used the kernel rpm from cooker, along with the kernel-pcmcia
from cooker and upgraded modutils.

  I had to force install the kernel (--nodeps), as kedaddins were not
"compatible" with it, and I had to upgrade (-U) the pcmcia, as the
previous version of pcmcia man pages weren't compatible with an install.

  The /boot/vmlinuz link got linked to the 2.4 kernel.  I had to relink it
to the 2.2.17 kernel I'm using.  The install updated /etc/lilo.conf, so
after running lilo, all I have to do is choose 24-16 to boot into the 2.4
kernel.  If I choose linux, I get the old kernel back. (but only after
relinking /boot/vmlinuz and running lilo).  I sure am glad 2.4 booted, or
I would be in a world of hurt, as I did not realize that the kernel
install mucked with that soft link. It would have been a reinstall. A word
to the wise.

  During my fun and games, something got hosed with xfs.  I still haven't
figured that one out.  I found if I used the "daemon" function in
/etc/rc.d/init.d/xfs, then xfs would not start, and XWindows would hang on
startup, forcing a hard reboot (which caused e2fsck to run on my hard
drives--bummer).  If I did it by hand (xfs -port -1 -daemon), then it
would start and X would start.  I patched /etc/rc.d/init.d/xfs to "fix"
this problem by not calling the daemon function (found in
/etc/rc.d/init.d/functions). I'm sure something got hosed, I'm just not
sure what, and I needed X to help me find that problem sometime in the
future (not tonight).

  I compiled 2.4.1 on another laptop, and everything worked except the
framebuffer stuff, though that was compiled in.  I don't know how to make
that work, and X is broken without it on that laptop.  I may try the
kernel upgrade on it later.

bug