When I logged in this afternoon I was faced with a desktop with no icons,
menus, and several settings -- most notably sound and and mouse -- set back
to their defaults.  I can start kdesktop from a terminal but that does not
restore settings from the last session.  Anyone know how I can fix this so
kdesktop starts like it should?  (Switch back to Redhat :-)

Text of ~/.xsession-errors

/usr/bin/startkde: /home/stephen/·kde/share/config/.internetdone: No such file or
directory
kdeinit: Already running.
QSocketNotifier: Multiple socket notifiers for same socket 8 and type read

KLauncher doing clientStarted(`kcookiejar')
KLauncher doing clientStarted(`kaccess')
KLauncher doing clientStarted(`konqueror')
KLauncher doing clientStarted(`kio_uiserver')
Could not dlopen library kmix.la: file not found
Could not load library! Trying exec....
KLauncher doing clientStarted(`kmix')
Could not dlopen library ksysguard.la: file not found
Could not load library! Trying exec....
KLauncher doing clientStarted(`ksysguard')
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
Unknown child process 11623 died
QGList::locate: Index 1 out of range
QGList::locate: Index 1 out of range
QGList::locate: Index 1 out of range
KLauncher doing clientStarted(`konsole')
KDE detected X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
  Major opcode:  14
KLauncher doing clientStarted(`kio_file')
undecodable token: \001b(hex)[36l
KDE detected X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
  Major opcode:  14
Could not dlopen library /usr/bin/konsole: (null)
Could not load library! Trying exec....
KLauncher doing clientStarted(`/usr/bin/konsole')
KLauncher doing clientStarted(`konsole')
KLauncher doing clientStarted(`kcontrol')

--
--Stephen Carville
http://www.heronforge.net/~stephen/gnupgkey.txt