Jim Gallagher wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > I was wondering, could a binary that was created to be used on HP UX, be
> > installed and run under Linux? The reason I'm asking is that I'd like to
> > see if IE5 for HP-UX would work under LM7.2

1.What binaries will PA-RISC Linux support?

 We intend to support 4 binary formats:
  HP/UX SOM 32 bit
  Linux ELF 32 bit
  HP/UX ELF 64 bit
  Linux ELF 64 bit
 We're not promising to get all HP/UX
 binaries running on Linux. In particular those which are
 multithreaded are unlikely to ever be
 supported. Nevertheless, many HP/UX binaries will run on
 Linux/PARISC today.

This from the http://parisc-linux.org website. I doubt it's going to
work correctly for some time to come, and if Microsoft can get their
way it will never run.

I doubt LM will support the PA-RISC platform, since they are moving
away from the Sparc, and Sun has a much bigger market share than HP.

MB
--
Michael R. Batchelor - Industrial Informatics & Instrumentation, Inc.
Linux is like a wigwam...