On 02.24 Tom Strickland wrote:
> > > slot.

AFAIK, hdd is the slave in the SECOND ide channel...

> > > did
> > > Ah - if only I could ascribe this to beer! Too much coffee
> > > perhaps... anyway, as I've already stated, if I restart from the
> > > installer cd-rom and use diskdrake from there as part of the
> > > installation procedure, I can see hdd with no problem. I even went

Lets look at this (perhaps I have too much coffe also, and all that comes
is stupid).
If your disk is the slave in the first ide channel, it should be named hdb.
So I assume you have one other hd and a cdrom. Lets suppose:
Your hds are on the IDE 1: hda (the old) and hdb (as you should see it)
Your cdrom is at hcd (master at IDE 2).
And if your bios swaps your ide channels when booting from cd at IDE 2,
and hdb becomes hdd ?

--
J.A. Magallon                                                      $> cd pub
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          $> more beer

Linux werewolf 2.4.2-ac3 #1 SMP Fri Feb 23 21:48:09 CET 2001 i686