Franki wrote:

> Hi all, I saw this mentioned in a post a couple of days ago, but didn't see
> an answer posted...
>
> I have a pretty standard mdk7.2 install happening on my server, except it
> uses sendmail,,
> The problem I am having, is the message below:
>
> Can't create transcript file ./xff1MFUWr01318: Permission denied Can't
> create transcript file ./xff1MFUXr01319: Permission denied
>
> Does anyone know what causes this? what permission is wrong?
>
> Sendmail being what it is,, I don't want to change a permission/ownership
> unless I know it is safe to do so...
>
> can anyone offer any suggestions???
>
> kindest regards
>
> Frank Hauptle
>
> ----/ /  _
> ---/ /  (_)__  __ ____  __
> --/ /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /
> -/____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\
> Gshop & Network Payment Solutions.
>
> -

Frank,

This is a very common problem unique to Mandrake 7.2. The fix is pretty
simple though. Uninstall your current Sendmail package(s), which include
sendmail-cf, sendmail-doc, and sendmail. Next install either
Sendmail-8.10, or one of my personal favorites, Sendmail-8.9.3-20. The
package 8.9.3-20 doesn't require that you install sendmail-doc, or
sendmail-cf. Everything you need is already in the package for 8.9.3-20.
Works like a charm right out-a the box.
--
Mark

"If you don't share your concepts and ideals, they end up being
worthless,"
        "Sharing is what makes them powerful."