Vincent Danen wrote:

> Don't do the work...  I already did it and use it on all my machines
> (about 7 mandrake machines ranging from cooker to Corporate Server
> 1.0.1).  It works flawlessly on each one.
>
> www.freezer-burn.org/qmail.php

I have used Vincent's rpms to install qmail and am quite pleased. It was
even quite simple to persuade qmail to use procmail as in the previous
installation (on SuSE) rather than MailDir and to shutoff that silly
pop3 server.

Some scripts assume that we don't use NIS, but I wanted to write the
accesstable manually anyways.

The only real problem is that the documentation is faulty. You can't
install the required rpms with rpm -ivh *.rpm since it will then try to
install them in wrong order and doesn't set ownership correctly since
some of the users are needed before they are created. Specifying the
rpms on the command line rpm -ivh qmail... ... works (you don't even
need dot-forward and fastforward if you don't want them).

Now I only have to figure out how to add a qmqp server...

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Chair of Science