Dear friends:

[Using LM7.2]

I did some research on the mozilla.java newsgroup and found out that to
run Java you need a symbolic link to the file "libjavaplugin_oji.so*" or
something to that effect.

Well, I checked and it turns out that this file is right in my
home/directory, where mozilla .8 is:

[sher@sher sher]$ cd /home/sher/mozilla/plugins/
[sher@sher plugins]$ ls
ShockwaveFlash.class*  libflashplayer.so*  nsdejavu.so*  rpnp.so*
cpPack1.jar*           libnullplugin.so*   plugger.so*
java2/                 nppdf.so*           raclass.zip
[sher@sher plugins]$ cd java2
[sher@sher java2]$ ls
CHANGES    ControlPanel.html  README        bin/  man/
COPYRIGHT  LICENSE            Welcome.html  lib/  plugin/
[sher@sher java2]$ cd plugins
bash: cd: plugins: No such file or directory
[sher@sher java2]$ cd plugin
[sher@sher plugin]$ ls
i386/
[sher@sher plugin]$ cd i386
[sher@sher i386]$ ls
ns4/  ns600/
[sher@sher i386]$ cd ns600
[sher@sher ns600]$ ls
libjavaplugin_oji.so*
[sher@sher ns600]$

May I ask your help, please, in figuring out just what I need to do to
make Java work in Mozilla .8, which is in my /home/sher/mozilla
directory?

Benjamin

--
Sher's Russian Web