hi all,

I had alot of problems when it came time to setup pppd to dialup on boot...
finially having to rewrite the chat script myself...
but it is working now..

now the problem I have, is that it seems to be unable to stay connected for
more then a day without disconnecting, and then it is not redialing up...
(ie not "reconnecting on disconect.")

so I have two little questions...

1. what do I do to set it up for redial on disconnect ?  (if I type ifup
ppp0, it starts again fine.)

2. how can I find out what caused it to disconnect?  the old rh6.2 box used
to get disconnected once every 30 days,, when the isp reset the routers..
other then that it had no problems.. I think I am missing something.

linuxconf tells me that it is already setup to dial on disconnect. but it
isn't true.

suggestions please anyone?

many thanks.

Frank Hauptle