There is actually a Howto on this which gives step by step instructions
including 3 (I think)ways of getting around the difficult bit.

The basis is that you run both diska at once using a specified mountpoint
for the new disk.

Transfer all your files to the new disk and then ....ermmmm... that's the
difficult bit that is covered in the Howto  ;o)

If you can't get it drop me a line and I'll mail it to you.

regards

Daryl