Hello Woody,

        Thanks for answering.
        I commented out only one line. I followed the instructions at
www.openssh.com in the FAQ. It states

2.6 - X11 and/or agent forwarding does not work.

Check your ssh_config and sshd_config. The default configuration files
disable authentication agent and X11 forwarding. To enable
it, put the lines below in your configuration.

    X11Forwarding yes
    ForwardAgent yes

NOTE: For users of Linux Mandrake 7.2, Mandrake modifies the XAUTHORITY
environment variable in /etc/skel/.bashrc, and thus
any bash user's home directory. This variable is set by OpenSSH and for
either of the above options to work, you need to comment
out the line:

    # export XAUTHORITY=$HOME/.Xauthority

They even included a note specially for Mandrake's 7.2 version users.

        On the other hand, I am not able to use the variable $SSH_CLIENT
in a bash script since the bash shell doesn't authomatically export its
enviormental varibles to its child processes. One must export it
explicitly before opening another bash shell to execute a script.
        Thanks for answering again. Greeting from Mexico.

        Fabian.