It is not a good idea to just delete directories.  Your RPM database will
still think all of that stuff is installed.

Startup and login to the command line (Runlevel 4?  Or is it 3?  You could
also do a Ctrl-Alt-F2 and login there and do the the rest of this from there.
Not sure what happens when you do a Ctrl-Alt-F7 to get back to your original
X session...).

>From there, do "rpm -qa |grep XFree".  You will get a list of every XFree rpm
installed.  Do an "rpm -e <XFree rpm name>" for each entry.  You will most
likely need to use the --nodeps switch too.  Anything that depends on XFree
will be listed as dependent if you try to remove XFree without the --nodeps
switch.  That WOULD at least tell you all the other rpms you MAY want to
remove in addition to X since they will all be rendered unusable with the
removal of X anyway.

--
Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.