Hi

I have now lost my red line how logrotate should work.
Have one comp. running there vers.7.1 of mandrake.

Have updated latest logrotate version from 7.1 updates.

Forinstance when running cron.daily logrotate starts ok...
BUT it never stops.

When looking ps ax I can see ingreasing running time.
When I look /var/log I can see times changed in files what
logrotate should rotate.

I have set options to rotate syslog and messages daily
because of growing size of both files....
Running here radioamateur bbs/dx-cluster and because
of heavy traffig everything is written to logs...

So have anybody seen this kind of behaviour of logrotate?
If positive,please information how to get it working properly.

No need to succes,that we should upgrade to vers 7.2...
Because of time limitation,the work to be done to get all
working as well as it's doing at the moment,is not worth.

So simple twisted modell what's wrong with logrotate...
MAN doesn't explain this.

Regards
Jarmo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]