On Mon, 05 Mar 2001, Michael you wrote:
> Hi all my friends:
>
> where can I find some stuff about how to develop Linux device driver?
> thank you in advance.

o'reilly - device drivers book - out of date for 2.2 & 2.4
2.2 mentioned, 2.4 pipedream in those days

kernel hackers guide gives the basics, but they don't really change
hard part is detection and data structure for what you want imho

istr its homepage is a .it  website,  maybe wrong, maybe same subject

is it for pci or isa ?

don't think i've tried my pci/isa drivers on a 2.4, no doubt pci i/f
has changed :-) it did 2.0->2.2 2.2.6 .... 2.2.12
work doesn't seem to have quite my attitude re kernel / distrib
upgrades.

stephen