Matrox cards are well supported.  Voodoo cards are well supported.  ATI cards
are well supported.  Nvidia cards are well supported but you must acquire
drivers extraneously.

I just ordered an ATI Radeon AGP 32MB DDR based on the fact that
XFree86-4.0.2 now contains support for this card.  I paid $114 for this card,
which is a pretty damn good card, based on the graphics benchmarks I've
looked at (no one beats newer Nvidia cards but then, they are more expensive
too).  I moderated my desire for a new, excellent graphics card vs price and
driver support and went the way I did.  An older but excellent Matrox G400
was a close second choice for me.

 On Wednesday 07 March 2001 02:00 pm, Jeff Malka wrote:
 > My old Matrox Millennium video card just went dead on me.  Still works
 > but the reds are gone and everything is blue (me too).
 > I am therefore going to have to get a new video card.  What are the good
 > ones to look at for Linux?
 > I am running Mandrake Linux 7.1

Praedor