Robert,

It does indeed sound like the trouble is with Postfix. I've found lately
that Postfix with mandrake 7.2 has exibted strange behavior which is why
I went back to Sendmail. Try uninstalling Postfix, then reinstall the
package. If that doesn't straighten things out, then you might also want
to consider switching to Sendmail. Before you can install Sendmail
though you will have to have Postfix uninstalled. Sendmail should work
for you right out-a the box.

Mark