I guess you verified that it wasn't referring to a file that already exists, right?
That is,
/etc/pam.d/system-auth really doesn't exist, right? If that's true, then you would
think that rpm
would report to you a *package* that it depends on, not a file. Anyway, it's a good
bet that
system-auth is part of the pam rpm package, so maybe you need to update (or install?)
it, and then
see what it says. Obviously i don't know, but those are my ideas...