On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 23:43:55 -0600
Benjamin Sher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> After installing Mozilla .8 (no problem with installation itself), I go
> into Preferences to configure it. Every single time, it crashes and
> sends me right back into the terminal with the error message:
>
> "Segmentation fault".
> I have tried just about every Mozilla .8 version (rpm, the official
> version, the nightly builds, the tarballs, the bz2 and so on.) and every
> single one crashes when you try to configure the options in Preferences.

Benjamin,

I have mozilla 0.8 working fine on my machine. I used the
mozilla-i686-pc-linux-gnu-0.8-talkback.tar.gz
and the
mozilla-i686-pc-linux-gnu-0.8.tar.gz
versions and they both work though the machine they are on is an AMD450
The i686 rpms of other programs don't install with "wrong architectur"e message.

All the preferences work fine too.
Just the mail usage is too slow for practical use.

I do notice the mozilla site has i386rpms available!

William Bouterse
Talkeetna, Ak