At 12:13 19-03-01 -0700, you wrote:

>What you're asking may be pretty difficult from what I've seen
>of the MDK 8.0 RPM list.  They done so much package sub-dividing
>and renaming (I really, REALLY wish they'd quit that.  Makes
>trying to install 3rd party packages a PITA.)
>
>Basically you need to install 8.0 in the upgrade mode, that way
>you let it do all the guess work.  But even that way you'll
>probably get a lot of extra stuff you may not have wanted.

Thank, but no thanks... :)

1) A clean install is clearly ~way~ simpler, cleaner and safer,
especially when moving between major release levels. Even
if this was not a good enough reason, I'm installing on a new,
higher capacity HD.

2) Forcing the user to work again and again his/her way manually
thru a list of over 1000 packages is INSANE.

There ought to be a better way. Anyone? (Mandrake...?)

t.k.
Anthony K. Transportation Systems - no HTML mail please.