Matthew Micene wrote:

> At 12:06 AM 3/20/2001 -0500, Pierre Fortin wrote:
>
> >FYI...  am now running KDE2.1/X4.0.3/LM7.2 on laptop and this problem still
> >exists.
> >
> >Pierre
>
> This is a problem with X, nothing Mandrake can really do about it as far as I
> know.  4.0.2 supposedly fixed this problem, though if you are still having
> problems
> the place to look for support and to report this bug would be
> xfree.org.

I see that Tom is already doing this.  I just posted to give others the info in
case they thought 4.0.3 would fix it...  aka "FYI"  :)

>  It is not
> a chipset specific problem from what I have been able to gather, rather a
> bug in the
> code introduced in the 4.0 revamp.

Actually, only those with C&T chips seem to suffer from this problem, as far as
we know...  the problem does not exist on either of my desktop systems.

Pierre

--
Linux (Up 32 days) -- Reboots are for system upgrades... not Windows X^P
Last reboot reason:  02/14/01: testing startup changes for DSL