Since I moved from Mandrake 7.1 to 7.2 I have been frustrated because I
cannot get cups (the printing subsystem in 7.2) to work for me.  I would
therefore like to go back to ver 7.1 until I work things out in 7.2

However I hate removing Mandrake 7.2 altogether.

Is it possible to have 2 linux versions (or distributions like RH) installed
on the same PC
without messing things up?  I have 4 OSs on this PC so I know all about
separate partitions and booting separately into them, etc.  What I do not
know is what I need to do to keep 2 linux versions separate from each
other.  What partitions I can keep to share between the two and what need to
be separate.  Do I just need a separate root partition for the 7.1
distribution and can keep my other partitions?

Presently I have 7.2 installed in 5 partitions:
/,  /home,  /opt, /usr/local plus swap partition

Any advice?

Thanks.

Jeff Malka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Registered Linux user  183185