Well, the platinum is the same hardware and chipsets etc as the value and the
other one.  It's only the software packages included that are different.
(Well, you get some extra jacks for the front and the jacks are gold colored
plated metal with the platinum.)  So unless you boot into windows alot, save
some bucks and get the value which works great with Mandrake and Redhat.
-s

On Sunday 25 March 2001 05:43 pm, you wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 02:36:55PM -0600, Chubby Vic wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I am considering upgrading my sound card from
> > AWE64 ISA to the SBLive Platinum.

snip
> > I should have asked if it works with
> > linux to begin with in the first place sorry.
> >
> > If so, how do all you sblive users like it?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Well, I just upgraded from an old ISA soundblaster to the SB Live Value
> (not the platinum). Works great, but I can't really say about the midi
> stuff.
snip