Hello all,

I am finally getting around to working on a couple of log errors that
repeatedly occur in my cron.hourly and cron.daily checks. These may seem
like newbie questions, but I can't figure out why I am getting
permission problems when trying to access the following files:

cron.hourly errors:

touch: /var/log/news/nntpsend.log: Permission denied
chmod: /var/log/news/nntpsend.log: Permission denied
/usr/bin/nntpsend: /var/log/news/nntpsend.log: Permission denied

cron.daily errors:

DB2 problem...: missing or empty key value specified
/usr/bin/news.daily: /var/lib/news/.news.daily: Permission denied
Reading active file failed, exiting (see syslog for more information).
Has fetchnews been run?

These errors may seem trivial, but I would sure like to figure them out.
I'll keep digging, but if someone has a quick bit of advise, I would
appreciate the help.