Dear friends:

A list member just suggested that one way to install the new RealPlayer
8 (which requires the new "rpm" which LM72 does not have and which
results in a "for different architecture" error message) is to type the
following command:

rpm -Uvh --ignorearch RealPlayer8.xxx.rpm

I tried to install RealPlayer 8 some time ago and ruined my
installation. When I reinstalled Linux, I reinstalled my RealPlayer7,
which I had made a copy of.

1) In your professional opinion, will this command break anything in
LM72? Is it really safe for RealPlayer8?

2) Is this command valid for ALL rpm packages that use the new rpm not
yet available in LM72? If it is safe in installing Real8, would it be
safe to assume that it would be equally safe to install other
applications that use the new rpm v. 4? What's your experience been?

This is really a question for the experts.

Thank you so much.
--
Sher's Russian web
http://www.websher.net