From: Stephen Lawrence Jr. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 12:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] problem running sound as non-root user?

Dan Swartzendruber wrote:
At 09:34 AM 4/2/2001 -0400, Klar Brian D Contr MSG SICN wrote:
>For mpg123 I made mine 777 since it is only an
>audio player

I don't understand.  Why are the permissions on the executable
important?  I can run the program, it just doesn't have access to the audio
device (it seems).  Unless it's supposed to be SUID or something.

>Brian

The proper solution to this problem is to add your USERNAME to the AUDIO group. Don't change perms.
--
Stephen Lawrence Jr. - Programmer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]