At 10:50 AM 4/3/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>How do I set up Netscape to check the system mail? I have Mandrake 7.2
>and Netscape 4.75. I currently have to login to the server and check the
>system mail with Kmail. I would like to be able to check the system mail
>from Netscape running on a WinXX box to make this task quicker.
>
>My FQDN is: Nemesis.rbpllc.com
>Mail File is : /var/mail/root     (or david or whoever)
>
>I can't figure out what entries (account info) to use in Netscape to get
>access to the mail on the Linux box. Any help would be appreciated.

David--

You need to make sure that you have a POP3 or IMAP server running on your
Linux box.  Then you can set up Netscape to retrieve mail from any account
that you like.

Incidentally, you should alias root to a regular user account, so that you
aren't transmitting the root password to check root's mail.

---
Craig Sprout
Network Administrator
Crown Parts and Machine, Inc.