Dear friends:

After experimenting with the failed dependencies of Galeon 10.2 and
Mozilla 0.8.1. for Mandrake, I have finally settled on
galeon-0.8.1-rh6_2, which is a) a i386 file, NOT a i586 file, b) is a
Red Hat i386 file and c) most strangely, is to be found in
Mandrake-devel/unsupported/7.2/i586 (!). A Red Hat 386 file right in the
middle of nothing but i586 Mandrake files.

Note: This version of Galeon (0.8.1) is dated March 1 and is based on
Mozilla 0.8 (dated Feb 17, 2001), not on the latest Mozilla 0.8.1 (dated
March 26, 2001). That's fine. By the way, I did not find a src.rpm file
under SRPMS in the corresponding directory.

Well, that doesn't bother me, folks. Just mentioning this as background
for my problem.

PROBLEM:

I installed Mozilla 0.8 (a 586 file, which I rebuilt from the RH 6.2
source rpm). No problem. I then installed Galeon 8.1 (a Galeon version
compatible with
Mozilla 0.8). The installation went very well. All plugins and bookmarks
were transferred automatically. However, during the install, Galeon
issued the following error message. It looks pretty harmless, but I
don't really know how to carry out the instructions. Meanwhile, Galeon
keeps crashing when I try to surf. Is the crashing related to the error
message below?

[sher@sher07 sher]$ galeon
/usr/bin/galeon-bin: Symbol `__vt_28nsCreateInstanceByContractID' has
different size in shared object, consider re-linking
/usr/bin/galeon-bin: Symbol `__vt_16nsQueryInterface' has different size
in shared object, consider re-linking

Thanks so much. I like Galeon, but if it keeps crashing, I'll never get
a chance to find out what it can or can't do. Hope to hear from a Galeon
fan.

Benjamin
--
Sher's Russian Web