Dear Experts,

I have a Handspring Visor Deluxe with the USB cradle that I use in
Windows.  To configure this device for linux, I was told to go into
gnomecc and set it up. If I go in as a user, the device can't tell that
it is connected to the computer when it is prompted for me to push the
hotsync button.  However, I figured that this was due to permissions and
decided to try using gnomecc as root.

When I click on the Pilot Link capplet, it launches another copy of the
control-center and does not add the device as it did when using this as
a user.  I noticed that it is looking for /dev/pilot, however, I do not
have this entry in my /dev directory.  How do I add this, and if it is
symply a symlink what do I link it to?

I am running beta 3 of mandrake 8.0 with no updates (clean install) so
far.

Thank you,

Josh
www.thesauerfamily.net