Here is the problem: when I start gdb on my program (that I wrote) I get:

warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.

Which is a problem as I use dlopen to load some plugin libraries on my code.
I have looked around and seen that others have had this problem, but I have
not yet found a solution that works. It seems that the problem is actually
with linux-ld.so, which has been stripped of debug info. I've tried
downloading the source RPM, but cannot get it to compile.

I am using:
Linux Mandrake release 7.2 (Odyssey) for i586
Kernel 2.2.17-21mdk on an i686

Any help appreciated.

Brett