Yes RC-1 is now available, though not yet on all the mirrors.
2 that do have it are
ftp://ftp.free.fr/pub/Distributions_Linux/Mandrake-iso/i586/
and ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/mandrake-iso/.
As to any differences between it and the b3 most are bug fixes, as well as
enhancements
to the kernel the most notable of these being better support for VIA
chipsets.

   Charles  (-:

Forever never goes beyond tomorrow.