I have a Linksys card as well, and 7.2 intaller never recognized it.
What I ended up having to do was set my old faithful ISA 3com card as
eth0, then head out to Scyld's website and download the latest netdriver
src.rpm. After building and installing the drivers, everything works
just fine.

Interestingly enough, the 8.0 beta2 actually detects the card and
configures it properly. Unfortunately, it sees the PCI card before the
ISA and sets everything up backwards. Nothing a quick little tweak to
/etc/modules.conf couldn't fix, though.

http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html

HTH,

Wayne