[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The question is: Which directory do I need to be in? /linux or
> /linux-2.2.17? Do I need to make dep and make modules or do I just make
> bzImage?

/usr/src/linux is usually a symlink to the current kernel source.  In
your case, when you installed 2.4.2, it probably changed the symlink
from linux-2.2.17 to linux-2.4.2.  Do an ls -l and see if it is actually
a symlink or not.

To answer your question, I pose another question.  Which kernel do you
want to boot with this new DrakLogo?  If it's 2.2.17, then you want the
symlink to point to linux-2.2.17.  If the other, then linux-2.4.2.

If your changes affect anything that's loaded as a module, you will need
to make modules modules_install.  If not, then you won't.
--
Blue skies...           Todd
| Get a bigger hammer!   |  Sometimes you get what you want.      |