On Thursday 19 April 2001 09:41, you wrote:

> I'm gonna give RedHat and maybe Debian a try to see if Oracle will work
> for me on one of them.  Thanks.

I have it running on 7.2, and did not have any significant problems in
getting it going. I have also installed WebDB & Dev6i without any
problems.

A few things to consider, before doing something drastic --
is $ORACLE_HOME/bin in your path?
are $ORACLE_HOME and $ORCL_SID defined ?

You might want to try running dbassist again, and letting it create the
database for you, rather than creating a script.

If you try redhat, make sure that it is something other than 7.x (glibc
incompatibilities with Oracle)

--
Alex
Kernel Panic is General Failure's second in command