On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 03:25:09PM +0800 or thereabouts, hooli wrote:
> > > Does anyone have any experience with using Opera under Linux?  I have

> > I have been using it under Linux and love it.  Very fast and customizable,
> > with no problems whatsoever.

> >Yeah, no problems until you try and load a Java app in the browser.
> >;-D

> Javascript falls over too, on occasions, typically followed by a browser
> vanish (kill).  Tables are sometimes renedered incorrectly with spillage of
> text into other tables. It is however, most polite by asking if you would
> like to reload the offending page when you have to restart the program.  My
> version being 5.0b7.

I haven't had really any problems so far, and personally, I really like it,
more each day.  Have the same version.

BTW, Webwasher has a Linux version, and I use that on all the browsers.  It
really cuts down on the junk.  Just set up a proxy on any browser to
127.0.0.1 at port 9090.  You can customize what you want to filter, from ad
banners, to those invisible dots on sites, etc.  really nice.

> Did I mention banner ads?

It is not bad, or maybe I'm just used to it.  When I have Webwasher turned
on, it just kills the incoming banners anyway.

> I do _LOVE_ their fullscreen <F11>

Ditto

> And the good old <CTRL-B> trick - saved me a few times...

me too. <g>
--
Best regards,
Gary