Miguel Gomez wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to install Mandrake 8 in our server, but when i
> boot with the installation cd, this one hangs when it tries
> to intall the drivers for the Adaptec SCSI 7896. The cd
> works without any problem in other computers without SCSI
> card.
>
> Have someone had this problem too?

Miguel....there are 2 files on the installation CD that are
called /mnt/cdrom/images/alternatives/cdrom.img-2.2.14-BADZ2
and /mnt/cdrom/images/alternatives/cdrom.img-2.2.19-BADZ5.

Instead of booting with the installation CD use one of these
files to make a boot floppy to boot with.  Use -BADZ2 if
you're installing an ext2 filesystem or -BADZ5 if you're
installing a reiserfs filesystem.
--
Alan