Well ,the keyboard is a new dell keybaord I got from a dell computer (the
server is not Dell.) It was working great there, but I guess I can try it
again. The mouse I have tried with one another computer, a laptop.
However, the laptop's ps/2 ports are quarky and act wierd, so maybe to bad
things combined made it work. Can a bad mouse screw up and cause the
problem with the keybaord? Also, unless the PS/2 ports on the motherboard
have gone bad , they were working too. I bet it is something simple I am
overlooking, but I have overlooked it a hundred time....AH!