This is just a shot in the dark, but try running it as root.

Another shot in the dark: awhile back someone mentioned that Netscape insists
on loading its homepage, and if it can't load it when it is started then it
will die/automatically-exit. I know Konqueror doubles as a web-browser, is it
possible that it's trying to load something or access something that isn't
accessible?

?,